TLTC & Library Training Menu
The Teaching, Learning, and Technology Center (TLTC) and the Purchase College Library are delighted to offer individual or small group professional development training opportunities on a variety of topics, tools, and resources, listed below.
To sign up for a session, visit http://tinyurl.com/TLTCLibraryTrainingMenu.
Moodle & Teaching Tools
- Moodle Basics: New to Moodle? Request this session to get a handle on essential Moodle functions.
- Moodle Gradebook: Assistance with setting up your Gradebook; creating categories, grade items, etc.
- Moodle Assignment Types: Collect student work through Moodle.
- Moodle Discussion Forums: Take the discussion online and encourage interaction and collaboration among your students.
- Moodle Rubrics & Outcomes
- Student Project Spaces in Moodle (i.e. senior projects, master's theses, and senior capstones)
- Live Classroom (virtual class meeting/office hours)
- TurnItIn / GradeMark: Help to prevent plagiarism and save time grading using these tools.
- Flipped Classroom
- Team-based Learning
- Classroom Response Strategies
Research and Information Literacy
- Citation Management (e.g. Zotero, Mendeley, RefWorks, etc.)
- Print Reserves
- Plagiarism Prevention & Academic Integrity
- Research Infusion: easy and effective ways to build research into your syllabus
- Images (finding, using, and teaching with images)
- Films / DVDs
- Streaming Video
- Finding CDs / LPs / Music Scores
- Presentation Tools / Microsoft PowerPoint
- Spreadsheets / Microsoft Excel
- Google Drive / Document Collaboration
- Survey Tools (e.g. SurveyMonkey, Doodle polls, Google Forms, etc.)
- Organizational Databases / Microsoft Access
Professional Online Presence & Social Media
- OpenScholar: establish your professional Purchase College faculty website.